Date formats

От Michelle Murrain
Тема Date formats
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
In doing an upgrade (I'm using Debian testing, and a recent
dist-upgrade included an upgrade to 7.3.2), I must have messed up the
date/time format - because one table did not automatically restore,
and in trying to restore that table from my own backup, it is giving
me the error "Bad Timestamp external representation"

I thought I was being careful to pick the right formats during the
upgrade,  but obviously I screwed up.

How can I fix this (besides writing a script to just insert the
records sans timestamp or converting the timestamp)?

1) the old timestamp format is MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss

How can I find out what the new format is? Can I convert it to the
old (by doing an new initdb?)

Thanks for any tips!
--
.Michelle

--------------------------
Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
tech at murrain dot net     http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575
SMS: 4132226350 at messaging dot sprintpcs dot com

"I am determined to cultivate only thoughts that increase trust and
love, to use my hands to perform only deeds that build community, to
speak only words of harmony and aid." - Thich Nhat Hanh